Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mobitel MMS GPRS settings

I wanted to enable MMS and Internet for my new NOKIA 2720. I took the Mobitel customer service (0712755777) and they kept me for more than 17 minutes as they say "We Care Always".
I tried another day and fortunately they caught me withing 5 min. So the person spoke from other side said that he will sms the settings shortly. As he said I got 2 sms but those are not the settings.
Mobitel gives only 2 free calls to contact their customer service per month and now my free calls were finished. So I took another call from one of my friends phone and explained the discussion I had with their fellow. Without listening to me properly this stupid man said me he will send it again and if that does not work, try with 222#. He sent the configuration details to my friend's phone not to mine.
Then I tried with 222# but it did not work. I took another call from my friend's phone then another girl spoke, said me that she can not send the details to my phone, I have to take the call from the one which setting wants. I said I am already done with my free calls and she said me to wait till next month Or go to their dealer shop.

Later I tried in my phone settings and finally I got fixed it. Here's how I did it.

Menu > Settings > Configuration > Device Manager Settings > Service Provider Software Updates

In above place select "Always Allow" option.
Then I tried with #222# and it worked.

I found another link I would like to share with you all. I did not try with this but FYI.
http://www.kavinda.net/2007/12/20/gprs-wap-and-mms-settings-for-mobitel.html

3 comments:

  1. Recently i bought a sony ericsson X8 mobile....the same problem happened to me.i looked for "Menu > Settings > Configuration > Device Manager Settings > Service Provider Software Updates" bt unfortunately i cant able to find it out.if u can plz help me.tnx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this blog. I'm hoping to see the same high-grade
    content by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own, personal website
    now ;)
    Feel free to visit my weblog ... chase your dreams

    ReplyDelete